ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012 Overview
Based on the industry-leading Virtual Building technology of ArchiCAD 15, ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012 has been tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices. ArchiCAD SE2012 contains all the tools necessary to create the building informati on model from which the entire architectural documentation is derived.
STAR(T) Edition 2012 introduces a wide array of modeling and productivity improvements focusing on the most requested customer wishes. SE2012 provides the full power of ArchiCAD 15's sophisticated 3D guidance and modeling features such as the Complex Roof and Skylight tools.
To find out more about ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012, check the Version Comparison Chart and take a look at the New Features.
STAR(T) Edition 2012 can read files created with:
- STAR(T) Edition 2007 or newer versions
- ArchiCAD 8.1 and 9
Where to buy
To purchase ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012, contact an ArchiCAD Reseller.
An introductory level Training Guide package is available to support you throughout your early experiences with ArchiCAD. Download the ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition Interactive Training Guide.
Limitations of ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012 compared to ArchiCAD 15 include
- Collaboration limitations: No Teamwork / BIM Server / Hotlinked Modules / External Drawings / XRefs / Reviewer / PMK file format support / Publisher.
- Modeling limitations: No Shells / Renovation functionality / Curtain Wall / Slanted (Straight and Curved) Wall, Column, Beam / Profile Manager.
- Documentation limitations: No Renovation.
- Visualization limitations: No LightWorks Rendering / Sketch Rendering.
- Performance limitation: No 64-bit version on Windows.
- Project Organization limitation: No License Borrowing / NET License.
To take advantage of the entire range of ArchiCAD features and benefits, you can upgrade at any time to the current, full version of ArchiCAD and continue editing your previous projects with it.